Tuesday - Friday
11.00 a.m - 4.00 pm
Saturday - Monday
Istanbul Museum of Modern Art has reopened its doors at its temporary space in Beyoğlu.
Istanbul Museum of Modern Art is closed on January 1 and on the first day of the religious holidays.
As part of the new precautionary measures against Covid-19, the Istanbul Modern Library is closed.
Regular: 68 TL
Discounted (Students, 65 and older): 51TL
Group (More than 10 people): 51 TL
Residents of Turkey
Regular: 35 TL
Discounted (Students, Teachers, Retiree, 65 and older): 20 TL
Group (More than 10 people): 28 TL
Museum Members, Children Under 12, Visitors with Disabilities, ICOM, CIMAM and MMKD Cardholders: Free
The museum has lowered its admission fees in line with the reduction in VAT. The new fee will be applicable until May 31, 2021.
Free admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
Free admission on Tuesdays between 14.00-17.00 hours for 18-25 year-olds who reside in Turkey.
Discounted admission is available for students and visitors aged 65 and over upon presentation of a valid ID.
Istanbul Modern Cinema: 20 TL
Screenings are free of charge for museum members.
One cinema coupon is included in the museum admission fee.
Click here for further information on the Istanbul Modern Membership Program.
No parking facility available at the museum premises. However, there are several parking structures around the area.
-Beyoğlu Tepebaşı Parking Structure (next to the TRT Building)
-Parktürk Şişhane Parking Structure.
Facilities and Policies
• All museum facilities are wheelchair accessible.
• Visitors, accompanied by infants in the “6 month to 4 year” age group, may borrow Quinny strollers donated to İstanbul Modern by Grupbaby. Use of the strollers is free of charge.
• Visitors are welcome to bring their own strollers. Strollers are available from the cloakroom. To obtain one, simply show your museum entrance ticket and leave some form of identification (ID) as security.
• Pets are not allowed in the museum, with the exception of guide dogs.
• Smoking, food and drink are not allowed in the galleries.
• Museum visitors are requested to leave their umbrellas, large bags, backpacks and luggage in the cloakroom.
• For film screenings, please pick up your screening ticket at the museum desk. Also note that a limited number of tickets are offered for each screening due to seating capacity.
• Screening tickets for seats reserved for members are available from the membership officer. In case seats reserved for members are not taken as of 15 minutes before the screening, they will be made available for visitors next in line.
• Please take your seats 5 minutes before the screening begins. The seats are given on a “first come first-served” basis. Screening tickets are for the specified screening only. Please note that each screening requires a separate ticket.
• Only non-professional photo-shooting for personal use is allowed on the museum premises. Video-shooting is not allowed. Photographs must be taken without flash and tripod. Copying, distribution, sale and sharing of the shoots except for personal use are subject to prior written permission by Istanbul Modern.