Every month, Istanbul Modern Cinema prepares at least one distinctive film program screened on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. In addition to films from the history of cinema, both national and global, we also make room for local and international contemporary productions. Some of these programs complement ongoing exhibitions at Istanbul Modern; others are stand-alone programs that may feature their own exhibitions, publications, and talks on film history and contemporary cinema culture.
Istanbul Modern Cinema’s series Rendezvous with Directors features the entire filmography of a director from Turkey’s contemporary film culture with a distinctive artistic identity and original approach. This program also hosts panel discussions with the director and cast members of films. The program Count Us In!, held in autumn, offers the latest examples of cinema in Turkey as well as talks with directors, producers, and cast members. In our All About series, we focus on a pioneering director of world cinema and present a broad retrospective of their filmography. Moreover, every year in January, we present the program The Foreigners of the Oscars, a broad selection of films nominated for the Academy Award for “Best Foreign Language Film”.
Istanbul Modern Cinema also collaborates with various festivals and cultural institutions worldwide to present selections from the cinema of different countries as well as thematic film programs.
- Please note that to attend film screenings you need to pick up an admission ticket at the museum desk, and that a limited number of tickets are offered for each screening due to seating capacity.
- Admission tickets are available only on the day of the screening and are only for one screening. Please pick up a separate ticket for each screening.
- Please take your seats at least 5 minutes before the screening begins. Unclaimed seats will be released to visitors next in line.
- Admittance is not permitted once the screening starts.
- As per legal regulations, all our screenings are restricted to persons over 18 years of age, unless stated otherwise.
- The daily admission fee to Istanbul Modern Cinema is 21 TL.
- Free admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
- Please note that we do not take reservations.
- Screenings are free of charge for museum visitors and members. Click for further information on the Istanbul Modern Membership Program.