Library Covid-19 Procedures
Istanbul Modern Library is opening its doors at its temporary space in Beyoğlu, as part of the controlled normalization process.
We would like to remind you of the precautionary measures we are introducing, and the procedures you must follow to enjoy our library safely. The list below is a summary of our new measures. You may find detailed information on our health and safety procedures here.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES AT THE LIBRARY
- Only one person can work at a desk at a time.
- Computers have been removed to reduce the risk of contamination due to shared use.
- Frequently used surfaces in the library are cleaned regularly by our cleaning staff during the day.
- A limited number of visitors (4 people) and only masked visitors are accepted inside the library at any given time.
- The health status of all employees is closely monitored.
GENTLE REMINDERS FOR OUR VISITORS
- We strongly remind that wearing a mask is mandatory in the library.
- We remind you that no food or drink is allowed in the library.
- We strongly urge you to comply with the seating arrangement we have determined in accordance with social distance rules inside the hall and remind you that only one person is allowed to be seated at a desk at a time.
- We kindly request that you take care to maintain social distance and follow the directions of our staff during your visit.
- Please do not reshelve books.
In addition to these:
If you feel unwell or have recently been in contact with an individual who has been tested positive for COVID-19, we suggest that you postpone your visit to the museum. We remind you that we are checking the temperature of everyone entering the museum, and that only people with temperatures lower than 37.5 degrees will be allowed in.
We kindly ask that all visitors wear masks and maintain safe social distances during their entire visit. Please follow the instructions of Istanbul Modern’s security personnel at all times.
Istanbul Modern Library