Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
10.00 a.m - 6.00 pm
10.00 a.m - 8.00 p.m
Istanbul Museum of Modern Art is closed on January 1 and on the first day of the religious holidays.
Regular: 25 TL
Discounted (Students, 65 and older): 14 TL
Group (More than 10 people): 20 TL
Museum Members, Children Under 12, Visitors with Disabilities, ICOM and CIMAM Cardholders: Free
Free admission on Thursdays for residents of Turkey.
Istanbul Modern Cinema: 14 TL
Screenings are free of charge for museum visitors and members.
For a fee, museum visitors may use the parking lot next to Istanbul Modern. However, we kindly remind our visitors that the parking lot has limited capacity.
Facilities and Policies
• All museum facilities are wheelchair accessible. Visitors, accompanied by infants in the “6 month to 4 year” age group, may borrow Quinny strollers donated to İstanbul Modern by Grupbaby. Use of the strollers is free of charge.
• Visitors are welcome to bring their own strollers. Strollers are available from the cloakroom on the upper floor. To obtain one, simply show your museum entrance ticket and leave some form of identification (ID) as security.
• Visitors wishing to paint at the museum may borrow sitting stools from the cloakroom on the upper floor.
• Smoking, food and drink are not allowed in the galleries.
• Museum visitors are requested to leave their umbrellas, large bags, backpacks and luggage in the cloakroom.
• For film screenings, please pick up your screening ticket at the museum desk. Also note that a limited number of tickets are offered for each screening due to seating capacity.
• Screening tickets for seats reserved for members are available from the membership officer. In case seats reserved for members are not taken as of 15 minutes before the screening, they will be made available for visitors next in line.
• Please take your seats 5 minutes before the screening begins. The seats are given on a “first come first-served” basis. Screening tickets are for the specified screening only. Please note that each screening requires a separate ticket.
• Only non-professional photo-shooting for personal use is allowed on the museum’s main floor. Video-shooting is not allowed. Photographs must be taken without flash and tripod. Copying, distribution, sale and sharing of the shoots except for personal use are subject to prior written permission by Istanbul Modern. Unless stated otherwise, photography or video shooting is not allowed in the temporary exhibitions on the ground floor.